GetGuided Limited ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site https://getguided.net/ (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for tour guides, book a tour guide, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph, travel plans and itineraries.
- Aggregate information. We may collect aggregate information about overall activities online such as the number of unique visitors, pages accessed most frequently or the search terms entered. This information may be tracked through your Internet Protocol (IP) address, a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you surf the Web. When you request a page from our site, your IP address may be logged. We may also collect aggregate information through the use of a cookie, which is a small data file that Web sites store on your hard drive when you visit them. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies however you can adjust your browser settings to refuse or alert you when cookies are being sent. However, some parts of our sites, may not function properly if you choose not to accept cookies. We use aggregate information to improve your user experience by determining which areas and features are most popular and which may need to be improved. We do not use IP addresses or cookies to retrieve any information from your computer
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- if you have opted in to marketing alerts under your account preferences, to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. Please note, we will not use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, unless you have opted in to this under your account preferences or during the sign in process;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and
- to allow tour guides to fulfil purchases you have made from us by providing your name and your local contact details if you provide them (e.g., your hotel name for pick-ups and drop-offs, your local phone number, your mobile phone number, etc.), we do not provide our tour guides with your email address or any other personal information.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- Selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we will provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience; and
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If GetGuided or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Where applicable, GetGuided adheres to data protection laws in the European Economic Area, including:
To exercise any of these rights, contact us.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
YOUR PRIVACY CHOICES
We enable you to maintain control of your privacy by providing choices about what information you provide us and how we communicate with you, and by providing access to your personal information.
Choice: You have choices about what information you provide GetGuided. Where information is required, it will be marked as such. If the information input fields are not marked as required, providing the information is optional. Note that failing to provide some of the requested information may limit your use of our products or services.
You may adjust your communication preferences or opt out of communications at any time by clicking “unsubscribe” at the bottom of the email, following instructions provided in the communication, or changing your preferences within your GetGuided account. If you are having difficulty updating your communication preferences, contacts us at email@example.com.
Access. We will endeavor to provide you with access to your personal information wherever possible. Note that in some cases we may not be able to provide you access, such as where providing access would be unreasonably difficult or would compromise the privacy of others. Please note, that you are entitled to request the deletion of your data. Where information has been aggregated or anonymised, it will not be possible to delete such data.
As part of the sign up process, you will be asked to provide permission (by opting in) to process your data for marketing purposes. By opting in, you will provide consent to GetGuided to use your data for such purposes and to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes after you have opted in. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by updating your account preferences. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.