Your personal data
Personal data means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified (personal data). It does not include data where the person's identity has been removed. In the course of Our business, we collect, use and are responsible for certain personal data about you and, by doing so, we are regulated in the United Kingdom (UK) under UK data protection laws (including the General Data Protection Regulation) (Data Laws) as the ‘controller’ of your personal data for the purposes of Data Laws.
The personal data We collect and use
We may collect your personal data when:
- you fill in forms on Our website, or
- you correspond by phone, email or otherwise, or
- you register as a Guide (Guide) on Our website, or
- you search for a Guide, or
- you contact Us or a Guide through Our website, or
- you book a Guide, or
- you become a user (User) of our Website, or
- you participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on Our website, or
- you enter a competition, promotion or survey, or
- you post or upload any content, information or material to Our website, or
- you report a problem with Our website (together Use of Our website).
Use of Our website is governed by UK law, and by using Our website you will be subject to UK Data Laws.
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you, which We group together under different headings, as follows:
- a) Identity Data includes your first name and last name, username or similar identifier, title, gender, Facebook account, Twitter address, LinkedIn account and other social media account(s).
- b) Contact Data includes your home address and email address.
- c) Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
- d) Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details about services or products you have purchased through or in connection with Our website.
- e) Technical Data includes your internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- f) Usage Data includes information about how you use Our website, products and services.
- g) Marketing/Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from Us and your communication preferences.
We do not require you to provide any Special Categories of Personal Data about yourself (this might include details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data). You may, however, choose to share with us Special Categories of Personal Data. If you choose to share any Special Categories of Personal Data about yourself with us, you shall be deemed to have given your explicit consent to this. You may, for example, choose to share Special Categories of Personal Data with us for the purpose of (without limitation) informing a Guide regarding your ability to participate in any walk or other physical activity, or your dietary requirements in relation to any tour or activity involving the consumption of food or drink (including alcohol). Any Special Categories of Personal Data you provide to Us will be treated confidentially and We will delete any Special Categories of Personal Data regarding you which you may provide within 1 week of the tour or activity you participate in. We do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
If you fail to provide Us with personal data Where We need to collect personal data by law, or by your agreeing to provide Us with information in order for you to become a Guide or User or under the terms of a contract with you and you fail to provide that personal data when requested, it may not be possible for you to become a Guide or User or to enter into that contract. In this case, We may have to decline to allow you to become a Guide or User or cancel a product or service but We will notify you if this is the case at the time.
How your personal data is collected
Normally, We would collect personal data when you wish to become a Guide or an User or when you interact with Our website.
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
Direct interactions: You may give Us your Identity Data or Contact Data by filling in Our online registration forms or by corresponding with Us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- become a Guide or an User;
- create an account on Our website;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- subscribe to Our newsletter;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey;
- give Us some feedback.
Automated technologies or interactions
How We use your personal data
We will only use your personal data when permitted to do so by law. Most commonly, We will use your personal data in the following circumstances: Where We need to assemble information on you in order to register you as a Guide or as an User. Where We need to perform any contract you are about to enter into or have entered into. Where it is necessary for Our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests. Where We need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
The purposes for which We will use your personal data
We set out below: how We plan to use your personal data, the legal basis or bases We are relying upon in order to do so, and Our legitimate interests in doing so. We may use and process your personal data for more than one lawful basis depending upon the specific purpose for which We will be using your personal data. Please contact Us if you need details about the specific legal basis We are relying on to process your personal data, where more than one basis has been set out in the table below:
|Purpose/Activity||Type of Data||Lawful basis for processing and Our legitimate interest in doing so.|
|To become a Guide or an User:||a) Identity, (b) Contact, (c) Financial||Performance of a contract with you.|
|To deal with your communications with Us||(a) Identity, (b) Contact, (g) Marketing/Communications.||(i) Performance of a contract with you, (ii) Necessary for Our legitimate interests in running Our business.|
|To enable you to partake in a prize draw, competition or complete a survey.||(a) Identity, (b) Contact, (f) Usage, (g) Marketing/Communications.||(i) Performance of a contract with you, (ii) Necessary for Our legitimate interests (to study how Guides or Users or website users use Our products/services, to develop them and grow Our business).|
|To administer and protect Our business and Our website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data).||(a) Identity, (b) Contact, (d) Transaction, (e) Technical, (f) Usage||(i) Necessary for Our legitimate interests (for running Our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganisation, (ii) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation).|
|To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences||(e) Technical, (f) Usage||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to define types of customers for our products and services, to keep our website updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy)|
|To make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you||(a) Identity, (b) Contact, (e) Technical, (f) Usage, (g) Marketing and Communications||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop our products/services and grow our business)|
Promotional offers from us
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how We decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you (we call this marketing). You may receive marketing communications from Us if you have requested information from Us or purchased goods or services from Us and you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
We will get your express opt-in consent before We share your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes.